Here’s a very easy summer craft that you can do with your preschool! The kids can use these paper crabs as summer home decors and even cards that they can write on to and give out to their friends!
What you need:
- red construction paper (or any other color you feel is crab worthy)
- blue paper for the base
- black marker
- two big googly eyes
- paper punch in 2 sizes or two circle shapes to trace around
Here’s how you do it!
- You can begin this cute and easy project by making the circles. If you have circle paper punches at home, you can create the circles with those. If not, you can always find round objects in different sizes, such as a glass or a glass jar, and trace around them. You will need 1 big circle and 4 small ones.
- Fold all of the circles in half. Glue the bigger half circle on the base paper (lower half of the paper – in the middle).
- After this, you can start making the claws by sticking two smaller folded circles above the large one, forming a V shape. Do the same with the other pair of circles.
- Draw a set of legs using the black marker. You can also draw a line from the claws to the body of your paper crab.
- Stick two big googly eyes (or draw the eyes) above the crab’s body.
- Finally, draw a line from the eyes to the body with the black marker. All done! Your Paper Circle Crab Craft is complete!